Dr. Twistid Commercial

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Doody, AVPR, William Birkin, Sharks and Baby Meat

It's Howdy Doody time kids!! Let's sing the doody song shall we. In the key of 2. Doody, doody, doody in my butt. Doody, doody, doody in a cup. 2 girls one cup. Nuff said.

Today's lesson was from the movie AVP Requiem 2007 UNRATED directed by Colin and Greg Strause. The script was not the best in this one. I enjoyed it only because I went in not expecting much. they didn't really stick to the ideas of the original movies. It's almost like they never even watched any of the other movies in some aspects. now for some things I did like - I liked the creature designs. The pred alien is way too flippin cool. I did like the weapons of the predator. He had some kick ass gadgets. It had lots of good gore scenes but the whole movie was way too dark which made it hard to tell what was going on alot of the time. I loved how no one was safe - children, pregnant women, babies - they all get a good dose of the alien beat down but it was almost like they tried too hard to get that shock value. It could have been a great movie but it needed some tweaking in the writing department. It's getting to that point where they just take the alien predator action and stick in some teenage retardedness and steal bits from other movies. I hope they don't go out on this one but they need a new writer to make it go out the way it should. Go here to see more info http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0758730/



Now for the little plastic wonder of the day. Today's figure is Resident Evil from Capcom "William Birkin". He has a "squeeze 'n spin" eyeball in his shoulder and articulation in his 3 arms, 2 elbows, waist and legs. I love this figure. I love all the monster figures in the Resident Evil toys. Not so much the humans unless they are zombies but Resident Evil went to the plastic platform with 10 out of 10 stars in my book. Never really played the games but the movies and toys are awesome. This figure is tons of fun and full of gory details. Sure to make any mother proud or if they are like my mom proud to throw them in the trash.


Today's sketch is a mix of creature doodles and the bottom part is a funny little idea I had. Atleast it made me laugh anyway. Hope you enjoy.

See you again tomorrow folks.

No comments: