Dr. Twistid Commercial

Monday, December 12, 2011

Great time at the Art Against Hunger Show

A truly wonderful show for us. Winter was a trooper giving smiles to passers by and hardly fussing at all. Not bad for a 1 month old. Weather was perfect and my wife sold quite a few necklaces and earrings and I sold a painting, some sketch cards, prints and stickers. All in all quite a success. I was also painting live at the show and  below are some step by step shots and then the finished piece called Girl & Her Dragon Wagon.










Also sitting next to us was Jim Soldo and his style really amazed me. He would draw standing up with 2 different colored crayon type pencils looking down so basically upside down. The time it had to take to train yourself to do that is mind boggling I tell you. He was a lot of fun and gave my sister and I a drawing. She got a dog and I got the girl face (kinda reminds me of Pat Benetar). Go check out his web pages here (he was doing the ambidextrous drawing so check out that tab for sure)
http://www.jimsoldo.com/
http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/jim-soldo.html



No comments: