Dr. Twistid Commercial

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Mercer Mayer Little Monsters Tribute


last night for my birthday i wanted to try something different. i haven't done watercolor since highschool maybe 10th grade and ive been wanting to for some time now. my wife bought me a water color paper pad, some watercolor paints and brush set last year for christmas and i havent opened them yet. so i figured id break them out and give it a try.

what better way to do a water color painting than to honor one of my biggest inspirations growing up.
Mercer Mayer gave me my first love of monsters and water color. I still love and have a bunch of the Little Monster and Little Critter books. Thanks for all your great inspiration Mercer. You will always be a hero in my eyes.

Little Monsters copyrighted by Mercer Mayer
this Little Monsters tribute copyrighted by Geff Bartrand

No comments: