Dr. Twistid Commercial

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Albrecht Durer: Art in Transition


I love the old woodcuts by Albrecht Durer and I was especially inspired by the apocalyptic series that he did. He truly inspired a lot of my works so when I found out that they were showing 100 of his pieces at the St. Petersburg Museum of Fine Arts I had to go. I went on the last day of the show and it was well worth it. I can't believe how great of an experience it was. The detail that man did in his works was just incredible. Thank you for all of your inspiration Albrecht. I am honored to have seen your work up close. It was a humbling experience.

2 comments:

Fox Lee said...

This will probably sound odd, but that is a GORGEOUS rhinoceros.

Dr. Twistid said...

you should see it up close. It is amazing. The funny thing is when he did it he didn't know what a rhinoceros looked like so he went on peoples descriptions of them. remember this is from the 1400's