Dr. Twistid Commercial

Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Fearless Vampire Killers, Jane’s Addiction, Dragon riders of the Styx and Monkthulhu

Hell-Oh wait a minute it's that time again for me to speak my mind and try to keep your attention for the next few moments. So let me get on with it. This morning I had to listen to a salesman speak his jibber jabber about re shingling my roof. Why his company is the best choice for the job and what they could do for blah, blah, blah. Yeah thanks for signing me up for that my loving wife. ;p The whole time he was speaking all i could think about was the massive dump knockin at my back door asking to be let out. A good thing did happen before he came over though. My mother-in-law brought me over a deceased opossum. I know your thinking what does he want a dead opossum for. Well I like skeletons and skulls. My collection of them is getting to a reasonable size now. I like using them for reference for art plus they are great conversation starters. I have a cage in the backyard so the bugs can do their work. mmm dead things.


Today while writing this I am listening to the awesome soundings of "Jane’s Addiction Kettle Whistle". Great Band to let your mind wonder and put you in a mellow mood. It's a live album with 15 tracks and I can't get enough of it. I know I listen to many different types of music but I have many personalities and they all have different musical interests from classical to death metal. I'm very open minded and don't like to lump myself into any one category when I can enjoy many styles. Makes life easier to swallow.

Last night I watched a movie called "The Fearless Vampire Killers or: Pardon Me, But Your Teeth Are in My Neck" 1967 directed by Roman Polanski. It's about a professor and his sidekick and their search for vampires. It was kinda slow but with today's fast paced movies I can see why. 1967 was a totally different era for movies. It had some funny moments though. It also had Sharon Tate in it which was kinda weird since I mentioned Charlie Manson yesterday. Spooky. You can go here and see more info on this classic. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0061655/


Today's figure is from a very rare obscure line called "Dragon Riders of the Styx" made by DFC between 1983 and 1984. The one pictured is the demon. The figures of this line are articulated at the head, arms, legs and knees. This is probably my favorite collection. Great sculpts and concepts for the figures and vehicles. They work well with the Dungeons & Dragons toy line from the same era. I was lucky to find alot of them at a flea market but if you get them from eBay expect to pay a hefty sum. Especially if they are mint in box.





I love today's sketch. I doodled this idea out to get a visual for a painting I am going to do. I already had the little shocker creature on the page though so he was consumed by "Monkthulhus" massiveness. I colored him with markers. He shall be reborn in acrylics though so keep an eye out.

So long everyone. I'm getting hungry and need to replenish my madness.

No comments: