Dr. Twistid Commercial

Monday, April 21, 2008

Projekt Nemesis, El Topo, Kraken, Bunny Killer

Its a new day after a couple day absence. We had a get together on Saturday so all morning we were cleaning and all night we were eating and drinking. Good times. Sunday was rest day due to headaches from the drinking plus I haven't been drawing that much so wanted to spend the day drawing. So that brings us up to the present. I got alot of household chores done today. Plus i was going through all my prints and put together a journal over at deviantart for a print blowout sale. I'm selling 5 prints for $20 and that includes shipping. Go to my deviantart account to see all the prints to choose from. I'm selling them cheap so i can get a booth for Screamfest this year. All the money i make is for that. I was part of it last year and had so much fun and met alot of great people that I want to do it again this year. Any help anyone can give would be greatly appreciated.


Today I am listening to my good friends band "Projekt Nemesis - Defcon1". He is an amazing talent. He does all the vocals, guitars, keyboards and mixing himself. This album is an awesome bombardment of heavy industrial trance that will punch you in the face with an iron fist and have you crawling through the shards of your broken teeth to press the replay button on your stereo. Go to his myspace page to listen to a few tracks and if you like it buy his album. Keep him making music. The world is a much better place with his tunes in it. http://www.myspace.com/projektnemesisthescourge

OK I don't even know how to explain the movie I saw today. A friend at my old job let me borrow "El Topo" 1970 written and directed by Alejandro Jodorowsky. My god this movie is bizarre as hell. It's kind of like a 70's western on acid. but wait there's more. Throw in some elements of the sexploitation era, a town full of i don't know what, a hole full of freaks, some monks and a bunch of other weirdness and you will have a movie that will leave you saying WTF did i just watch. All I have to say is that my eyes were glued to this crazy flik. Go here to see more about this film and rent it if you can. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067866/



Bow down to this plastic idol I summon for you today. He is from the movie Clash of the titans and his name is The Kraken. Amazing toy made by mattel, definitely one of the prized possessions of my collection. He has 4 arms that are movable and a removable tail and movable fins. He stands about 12 inches tall and is 100% awesome. One of the best toys ever in my opinion. If you can find him get him but expect to pay some billage because he won't be cheap.


Today's sketch was an Easter doodle. The lord has risen to make you search for painted eggs and dead bunnies. Thou shall be praised and rewarded with chocolate and stomach aches. Good times.



Until we meet again I bid thee farewell.

1 comment:

Patrick said...

your Kraken pic didn't show up- re-post it cause I definitely want to see that bad boy! Nice sketch today too- Dead Bunnies... Could work as a song title for Alice Cooper!